Don't come near my phone.

Don't get me wrong. I trust you fully. My trust in you is only exceeded by the trust I have in myself. But I must warn you that I leave my phone around all the time. Your job is to fight the urge to push that unlock button and flip through my phone and stop others from doing so.

I hope you understand. I have pictures of you on my phone. I still have that group picture on the grass two years ago. I took pictures of you last week. I mean, I took pictures of everyone last week but you're the only one with the solo shots. In fairness, you can't fit in the frame with them so you had to go solo. I also downloaded to my phone some of our nicer pics together. Just so I can look at them when I feel sad...

and most importantly...

My lock screen features a picture of us together.

So please, for the love of your girlfriend don't push that unlock button under any circumstance.

Don't go rifling into my inbox too. You'll see the sweet text messages between me and my girl friends. You might think of me as a lesbian. Or confirm that to you. I'm as straight as a ruler by the way, just so you know. You might also come across our conversations where I detail our moments together and how I refer to these times as "dates." Embarrassing stuff, really. So whatever you do, keep away from my phone. Unless you want to spend one awkward semester with me. But I'm probably the one who couldn't stand that so I might just end up killing myself. So there, your options.

While we're at it, I trust you not to touch my logged in Facebook account. I know I get careless sometimes and leave my account logged in on your laptop. Kindly just click the log out button for me. I will love you more if you do. Don't go sniffing about my message inbox because I post our cute pictures in messages to my friends. I confess to my lack of guilt about wanting you. And there's also that other guy I talk about with them. You might get the shock of your life if you knew who that was. So for your sanity, please do what I say.

Finally, don't go rummaging in my downloads folder. PLEASE. PLEASE. There's an entire folder of stolen pics that I haven't had the time to hide. Most of them, pictures of guys, including you. But in fairness to me, I just download pictures that I'm in as well. I'm not yet that creepy stalker type. I have more self-respect and pride than you think. But still, our "couple shots" are there. It's too glaring to not notice.

Know that I'm saying this for you too. We need to work together without a hitch in the coming months. We don't need unnecessary stuff (ie my feelings for you) to come between us. It just cheers me up to have reminders of having somebody like you. Somebody who just makes me feel good about myself, someone who I trust, someone who is so easy and light to talk to. That's just you. That's the best thing about you.

0 Responses on "Don't come near my phone."

Post a Comment